#4/13 of my Marvel Movie Challenge. I must be really grateful to Marvel because for some reason, they always release Marvel movies a week earlier here in Asia. Luckily, I was able to watch the third installment of Captain America, namely, Civil War, last April 29. Just a run-through of the story: The Avengers’ actions have already caught the attention of the government and decided that they should be watched. The government presents an “Accords” that if the Avengers sign this, they would be under the government’s control. Captain America/ Steve Rogers (Chris Evans) is not willing as this takes away their freedom and thinks of “What if they needed to be in a place and the government does not allow them?”. On the other hand, Iron Man/ Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr) agrees with the government. This forms the Avengers to divide into factions: Team Cap and Team Iron Man.
(FEEL FREE TO CONTINUE READING I DID NOT PUT ANY SPOILERS HEHE)
Okay so I will not give out any spoilers, but I can just say some stuff that you might expect in the film. (If you do not want to read you can skip this part):
- Both sides have a point and throughout the film you may have an inner battle on which team to side with. (I am a loyal Team Cap fan, but Team Iron Man has a point to be honest)
- It’s up to you to decide, but you may (or may not) get annoyed by Captain America in this film. But he’ll make it up to you once you see this scene:
- Scarlet Witch is hands down the most powerful Avenger out there. She can beat anyone. And she may have done something a tad nasty in the movie. But at the end of the day, you’ll be thanking her, because this movie wouldn’t exist if it wasn’t for her. (You’ll get this when you watch it)
- A possible comic book pairing may come to life.
- There is a kiss in the movie!
- You get to know if Bucky is good or bad.
- Black Panther is amaziiiing.
- ANT MAN!!
- Stark gets a really awesome recruit in his team aka Peter Parker/Spider Man! (Tom Holland). Yup, I know he got a lot of hate for being cast, but I’m telling you: Don’t judge before seeing the movie. I always trusted Marvel’s decisions, and they didn’t make a mistake in choosing Tom. He’s a younger version of Toby and Andrew (the previous actors who played the role)
- Stark is still Stark. (Spoiler line: “You don’t desrve that shield! My father made that!” And he said this during battle + “Hey guys, if you have special talents that I don’t know about, please use them. I am open to suggestions” He said this to Team Iron Man because Ant Man did some pretty cool stuff)
- Will someone die? Watch the movie and find out.
Overall, I really liked the movie!! The effects were great, we get to know each character’s story, and it is heart-wrenching in so many ways because it hurts to see them fight each other. For the plot, well I got to say it made its competitor movie look shallow…*ehem* Batman v Superman *ehem*…for the actors, greatly done and the new ones were wisely cast. The effects were amazing as always (especially in 3D!), and most of all, it leaves you in hot anticipation for the next Avengers film.